Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tragedy.

I am not sure where to put this down so I thought this might be a place. I have met few people out here that I feel like I connect well with, but one of the gals I've met that I adore has experienced the loss of her 6 week old. They are out of town and in a hotel and now.. they have lost their little guy to SIDS. I can't imagine how hard this would be. I am helpless at this point because they are in Seatle... I can't help with her kiddos, or offer a shoulder to cry on. All I can do is sit here.. and think about her.. and hope that she is being comforted.
I have serious issues with death. It doesn't discriminate and it makes me mad. Pick on someone who is a bad person and leave my amazing friends ALONE!!

2 comments:

See? said...

So sad. It happened to one of my colleagues at work. I think their baby was 11 months old. They ended up doing a fund raiser, golf tournament for a few years and donated proceeds to research. I guess the only thing to do is to appreciate how that little life was a gift to us all - blessings.

The Red Queen said...

That's heartbreaking. To love someone so much and nurture that child from the womb and outside only to know the child wasn't going to live a fulfilled life, breaks my heart! I'm sorry to hear that.