Monday, August 18, 2008

Slacker!

So I have become quite a slacker recently when it comes to blogging. I really don't have much of an excuse. No one has been sick... dad hasn't been in the hospital. Boys have been fairly reasonable. Shawn got married.... that was an exciting event. Colton is smiling and laughing tons! I suppose I could blog some pics. Darin is...... Darin.



Today is the first day of school! Damon's teacher is Ms. Dietz. I would guess she is around 5'9". She has a reputation for being.... NICE! No really, she is the most requested 3rd grade teacher in the school. I just hope that nice doesn't translate into pushover. On first impressions, I would assume that she is NO pushover! Hip hip hooray... this could be the start of a beautiful year.



Jaydin's teacher, Miss Sorensen, is like 4'8"! Seriously... that might even be giving her a few extra inches! I don't know much about her as she didn't teach 2nd grade last year. In fact, she was a kindergarten teacher. The only thing I've heard about her was from a family friend who did an internship type thing at their school last year... she's says... SHE'S PHENOMENAL!!!! WOOT WOOT!!



We started Harry Potter last night. I figure that if I'm going to be reading to them every night, we should start with some fun chapter books. The first chapter of Harry Potter is 17 pages long and Damon couldn't get enough. I'm excited to read it to them... we could have a goal to read the whole series before the end of the school year or something. Wouldn't that be a blast?



I started watching Vicki's girls today. Haley starts kindergarten this year but for whatever reason, our school district always starts the kindergarteners a week later than the rest of the grades. Once kindergarten starts, I will be driving Haley to school every day. Vicki is trying to find the nearest bus stop so I don't have to drive her all the way to school, but we shall see how that all plays out! I am excited to do her hair everyday for school. She sits still because she desperately wants her hair to be pretty. (Seriously she would let me do her hair when she was 2!) Maybe I'll try to post pics of her hair on exceptional hair days.

If your bored.. now you understand why I'm trying not to pull my hair out!
Hope everyone is well!

:o)

0 comments: