Monday, March 17, 2008

Holy Toledo... I'm pregnant!

So... this pregnancy has been so bizarre and full of twists and turns that I think maybe I've forgotten that the final result is a baby! Seriously it just hit me yesterday that I have 4 paychecks left till the little guy arrives (2 of which are rent checks!) and when you live paycheck to paycheck that is a very scary realization. I have no diapers... no nursing pads,no milk storage bags, no no no.....so much more... I have got to get and ahhh... he is really going to be here!

I also have been in some sort of denial regarding the fact that I am destined to get bigger and possibly uncomfortable. This kinda freaks me out. I am thinking holy crap I need to get in shape for the big day. And I need to exercise so I don't get miserable... and NO waddling is not a right of passage... and I don't want to ever be just huge and whiny... with Dominic I never felt miserable but I worked out the whole time. I'm afraid if I don't get to exercising I'm going to regret it come the last 4 weeks and there is no good reason to be miserable for 4 weeks!!! (Especially when it can be prevented by exercise!)

Anyway... I am having a hard time thinking about getting bigger and having a lot of weight sitting on my bladder and peeing more and leaking when I sneeze. Pregnancy is definitely not glamorous. I just want to be calm.. but nothing about this pregnancy has allowed me to be calm. AHHH!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

hey did you ever find a new midwife? are you still going to deliver at home? I was just wondering...how exciting that you are really almost done with being pregnant!! YEAH!!

Karilynn Adams said...

Yup! I found a new midwife and am still planning on delivering right here in my very own home! I am excited to announce that I also finally have medical insurance. This of course, has not waved me from my home birth path.. but it's nice to know I have it when I need it! I'm way excited about bringing this little guy into the world without the bright lights on my crotch or 6 or 7 nurses staring at me!!!