Monday, March 31, 2008

April!

I can't believe tomorrow is April. Usually at this point in my pregnancy I'm counting down the days till April so when people ask when I'm due I can say "next month". This time around I am simply too distracted (or too much in denial) to even notice. The other day I was working a booth at the Baby Day Expo and someone asked me when I was due... to which I replied MAY. She smiled and said... "you don't have too much longer" and I was like... "oh I've got a while." I totally forgot that it was nearly April when I said this. I really need to find a way to deeply connect with this pregnancy very quickly. I really think that I lost that connection when I thought I had lost him.... and now that I have him, I just don't know where to start with the mental excitement of having another little guy!

Lately Dominic is not taking the baby concept lightly and get's mad when I'm holding Josiah or Chantelle. Not the greatest feeling but I HOPE that he will do good with his own little brother!!!

On a complete different note... I have decided to do some serious research on homeschooling my boys! (For anyone who knows my boys you may wonder how I could be so insane!) The "no child left behind" policy ruins education these days. Children are left to get bored with a subject because other students are having a hard time with the concept. I don't want my boys sitting at school... learning crap when they could be home learning at THEIR OWN PACE!! I get that my children are not genius YET... but they need the time to focus on stuff that is hard and move on when stuff is easy. I also recall being taught a lot of propaganda when I was in school. Like the hole in the ozone layer... and one person's take on history. I want my kids to explore and realize that life isn't black and white. I want them to have the opportunity to research and form their own conclusions.

I used to worry that Homeschool would be bad for social interacting but I think it will do the opposite. The boys have so many extra activities... (taekwondo, baseball, cub scouts, soccer) that they would have ample opportunity to interact with others. On another note... they would learn to interact on a more kind/considerate level as they will be learning how to interact from an adult perspective and not from other children. I hate to think that my kids spend entire recesses learning the art of teasing others or being teased themselves. I would prefer they learn to love life and value others before they learn to cut others down and that life is completely unfair!!!

I have no clue why I am even considering it with the future looking like me with two monkeys on my hip trying to help my older boys explore.... but I'm home all day... and I think that if I could figure it out... it would be an amazing experience!!!

Anyone have any thoughts?

Love you all, and thanks for reading!!!

4 comments:

Jessicah said...

Have you asked Damon and Jaydin what they think about homeschool? I mean if you're feeling like its the right thing to do then you should do it. Of course things will be crazy, but I totally believe that you are up to the challenge, and I'm here for you if you ever need a helping hand.

williams family said...

wow homeschool huh.... well I know that I would go CRAZY if I did it but I'm sure that if it's something you really want to do it will turn out great. There are all kinds of options now days for homeschool...like the charter school my sister kimber went to and my mom was a teacher for. They had some onsight classes and the rest was up to the parents the school also did thing like p.e and music so look around and explore your options call me some time we can talk about it

Jackie said...

I had thought about homeschooling too...I am so worried about Brayden going to school, but at the same time I don't think I could do it right now...good luck in your decision making!! And good luck with baby number 4!!! love ya

Vicki Sue said...

I think home schooling is the most unselfish thing you can do for the boys. It can only strengthen your relationship with them and make you a better mother. You are an inspiration to me and you always have been. I love you!!