Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's official.

I've been researching curriculum and talking to lots of women who homeschool their kids and I have officially decided that I WILL homeschool. I think that I will let the boys finish the school year at Harvest Elementary but will keep them home one or two days a week to do home school stuff. Their school is way behind on curriculum and I want to start catching up! I also am going to put them in a biology class at a place that teaches these amazing classes for homeschooled kids. This will start on Thursdays the week after spring break so they will definitely not be at school on Thursdays!

I have found tons of info so if any of you who commented before are interested in finding out more about homeschool... let me know! I'll be happy to chat! ;o)

5 comments:

Jackie said...

good luck! Make sure you find some time to get out and do something for yourself though...I know that your boys will appreciate all you are doing for them...maybe not instantly, but they will!! love ya

~Stappsters~ said...

congrats! It took me about a year to figure out how to pull it off. And now after six year I'm still trying to improve upon it. Be nice to yourself. I always tell myself it is not how much the learn, but how much they want to learn.

Monica said...

Honestly I think that homeschooling can be a really good alternative to public school providing you keep up with it. Good luck with it!

Monica said...

Yeah, Dawn is Tom's mom and yes, she lives next door. Yeah, I was pretty stoked when she gave them to us, but not all that surprised cuz she's been saying for a while that she's wanted to. ^_^

Jessicah said...

You haven't posted anything new in a few days, how are ya doing?