Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dumb nurse...

My dad has had the same nurse 4 days in a row and she is a total cack! Yesterday I didn't even go up to the hospital because I didn't want to see her ugly mug! I thought that for sure he would have someone else today but I just got off the phone with my mom and SHE IS THERE AGAIN!!! UGH!!! She already looked overworked and underpaid the first day she showed up; I can only imagine how obnoxious and rude she is today! I need to go up there though. HMM....

So.. on Thursday they decided to put my dad on Bi-pap to try and force the expansion of his lungs in hopes that he would get off the oxygen. They didn't start it until after I left on Friday and I didn't see him at all yesterday but the gist of it is.. they were supposed to have him on for 2 hours and then off for 2 hours. I assume that the pattern looked more like on for 2 and off for 3 or 4 until the nurse finally got her ass in the room to put it back on him. Either way, it's working!! Today he is off bi-pap and according to my lovely mommy... he is 95% on 3L via Nasal Cannula... which pretty much rocks! With sats like that he can come home today or tomorrow... even if he needs to come home on oxygen, that would kick ass!

I've also come to realize how emotional this is for all my siblings... on a level that maybe I can't even understand. Yesterday I tried to get us all together to talk about how important we ALL are to his recovery and how each of us can help him recover and keep his spirits up. (I have been sensing that some people are feeling left out of the recovery process and I know how much EVERYONE wants to help!!!) Hmm... didn't happen. Most people were excited to get together but a couple were pissed at me for suggesting it. I suppose I should have expected it... but I was really blown away. I hope today is a better day and that at some point we really can get together to figure some stuff out and make sure that EVERYONE knows how important they are to him!!!

Lesson learned? GOOD INTENTIONS DON'T MEAN SHIT IF PERCEPTIONS/EFFORTS ARE NOT IN ALIGNMENT WITH THOSE INTENTIONS.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.