Friday, April 25, 2008

Thursday

Yesterday was a much better day! I went there to kick his butt... and he took the challenge head on. I am lucky to "know what I'm doing" so he is very not ornery with me! He is quite ornery with others though... so I know he's getting better. I personally got him up to walk 3 or 4 times yesterday (and supposedly the Cardiac rehab team was supposed to get him up at least twice) he also did his breathing for me, and he let me help him get cleaned up so he could feel human again. I should mention that I did not have to FORCE him to do this stuff. I would say.. hey are you ready to walk again and he would say "OKAY!" He is not quite so easy with other people in my family... but he figures it will be a big to-do with them because they just aren't sure how to help him. (I do have the fact that I did this as my job for 4 years to my advantage!) He seems to know that I will do it right and so he prefers to wait for me. He tells them he will do it when I get there. This might be annoying if it were just an excuse... but it's not! When I get there he is right up doing what he needs to do to get better!
NOW IF WE COULD JUST GET HIM OFF THE DAMN OXYGEN!!!!!

1 comments:

Vicki Sue said...

That is so sweet. He is gonna appreciate you for all your help in his rehab for the rest of his life! Love ya!