Monday, September 8, 2008

Getting Fit!

I am excited to be participating in a fitness study at a local gym. It's a 21 day study where I get to meet with a PERSONAL TRAINER 3 times a week. (AND ALL OF THIS IS TOTALLY FREE WITH NO OBLIGATION TO SIGN UP!!!) Today was my first day which consisted of being weighed, calculating my BMI, taking my BP and resting heart rate and letting me know what the program entails. Basically I will be doing 30 minutes of resistance training and 3o minutes of Cardio 3 times a week! Then they take all the same measurements again at the end of the study. I'm totally excited about this because I had already planned to join this gym... I have got to exercise and the place is open 24 hours a day so I could seriously go after the kids are in bed! HOORAY!! I currently want to lose a total of 69 lbs. Wish me luck! ;o)

5 comments:

Kim and Adam said...

that is freakin awesome!!! How did you find out about it. You can do it WOO WOO:)

Jessicah said...

Good luck :o) And have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey...I am glad you have decided to get off your rump and do something about your weight...I have done the same...I thank I have Micheal Phelps to thank for that. If I can keep the momentum going I should be back in shape or at least 75 pounds lighter before I am 30. Good luck with your goal.

Elise said...

I TOTALLY got your joke about the @$$ thing with Les' job!!! You crack me up! Sorry, I didn't say anything sooner!
I'm really excited for you with this get in shape thing - it will be so fun for you to watch your body change...in a good way!!! I'm glad for you! If you ever want to chat on the phone please feel free to call!

Jackie said...

Hey good luck... I too am hoping to lose some weight...I am so jealous you get to go to the gym and have a personal trainer...lucky!!