Saturday, April 4, 2009

Achieving a goal!

The last 3 months have been SO exciting for our family. We've endured illness after illness, loss of hours which equals a huge pay cut, our oh-so-amazing Nana & Papa leaving for a year and a half, teething, potty training, the list goes on and on. Amidst all of this, I have been consistently dropping lbs. the good ol' fashioned way: eating less, moving more. It's fascinating that this concept ACTUALLY WORKS! I have lost 30 lbs since January 5th and I plan to continue on this path until I reach my goal.
One of my goals in this journey has been to run a 5k. I used to be quite the little runner and I really thought the possibility of actually doing it was MUCH farther out... a few more months away. I was talking to some girls who told me how they ran a 5k and it inspired me to make that goal a priority. I guess I thought it was unachievable until all the weight was off, but they let me know that I could TOTALLY do it!
Today I DID IT!! I ran 3.1 miles without stopping. I now have a starting point and a time to beat next time... and there will be MANY next times. My next goal is to run a 10k, but I don't anticipate doing that until the fall. For now I'll stick to the shorter distances. ;o)

1 comments:

Amy said...

Good job girl! It's a hard thing to do so I'm way proud of you!!! Post some pics would ya!