Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Boys!

Saturday was the big SHABANG! It went off pretty easily although I was a little stressed and it did get down to the wire. We rented the pavilion up at the park and although I was told city soccer would be over before the party started, competition league tryouts were just beginning as our party arrived. We even had to have the registration people for the league move all their equipment so we could use the pavilion! It was a little crazy.. but the kids had a whole lot of fun playing in the water!! I'm SO glad that the big party is over with. One less thing to worry about this month!
It was so fun to have so much family there. I'm way disappointed that I forgot my camera!! My SIL took some pics so maybe I will try to get some from her. AHH!! I could kick myself.
Darin's oldest brother wasn't able to make it to the party Saturday. (Seriously they have 5 kids and 4 of them play soccer, lacrosse, etc... I can't even imagine how they manage to make it to all the events.. I am going nutso with 2 kids in activities.) They were really bummed that they couldn't make it and so they invited us up for a little party at their house last night. We had so much fun roasting hotdogs and brats over the fire pit and eating yummy salads. AND... they made this gorgeous gumball cake for the boys!

SO CUTE!!! They all devoured the cake and we had A LOT of fun hanging out with them. We realized as we were nearing their house that we had not been up there in WAY TOO LONG! When they first moved here we would go up there frequently and we always had a lot of fun. SOOO... we promise to make it up there more often. We also got to watch a video of them doing the "IFLY" in Ogden. It's this WAY COOL machine that makes you feel like you are skydiving! Can't wait to go on a double date with Mark and Dianne and do some flying!
Thanks to everyone who helped me survive this week. I even managed to run a 5k on Saturday morning at Thanksgiving point! We are SO grateful to have such amazing families and friends. THANKS! :o)

2 comments:

Spencer and Jessica Drew said...

ah! how fun. I was talking to dianne yesterday and she was talking about making this gum ball machine cake! how cute, I love it.

Elise said...

So wish we could have been there! Sounds like a great weekend! We need to skype sometime!!!