Saturday, May 30, 2009

So yesterday was the last day of school. My dad had IM'd me earlier in the day and asked if wanted to go hike the "Y". I'd never done it and figured it wouldn't kill me. We were planning on going earlier but didn't end up going until around 11. So up the mountain we went with all 4 boys, my dad and his brother Mike. I had no idea what I was in for. My boys did fantastic. No fighting, no whining, no begging to die. They were seriously amazing. They enjoyed the little wildlife we saw along the way. Mostly lizards and butterflies and one rattlesnake. Dominic actually hiked up about 1/4 of the way and then enjoyed being carried up the rest of the way by his grandpa and Uncle Mike. (Mike carried him about 1/2 the way and I didn't get a picture!!!) Dominic also walked the whole way down. Anyway... here are some pics of our adventure. It was so much fun. Thanks uncle Mike and Dad for letting us crash your hike. Next time, I'm going when it's a little cooler outside and maybe after it's rained so the trail isn't so slick!

Uncle Mike and his rock. He hiked to the "Y" with some other missionairies when he was at the MTC and so, he takes a pic with this rock everytime he comes to town.

All 4 boys stopped by Mikes rock.



Sitting on the "Y"

View from the top.



Uncle Mike and Dom. They were so cute together!
We did it!!

I carried Cole up about 2/3 of the way in this. Dad carried him up the rest. Aren't they cute?

Dom with Grandpa!


1 comments:

Elise said...

AWESOME! I'm surprised you didn't get sunburned! :)