Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mindy Lynn

Yesterday morning one of my dearest friends called me and asked me to go to my computer because she was sending me something. This isn't like a super common thing but she called me the other day and told me she was going to start e-mailing me cause she gets bored at work. So I hop on the comp.. check my email and NOTHING!! WTH? She tells me she is sending it and VOILA mail from Mindy... All I see is a thumbnail of a little pic! I open it up and....


(Miller is her last name! ;o) ) So holy cow I think I started crying. Mindy is going to be 29 next month and has no children. She has been married for a little over a year to an amazing guy... Mr. Jack Miller. She has wanted children for years but for whatever reason... has never got those 2 pink lines on a single test. (She was married previously for 3 or 4 years.) Jack and Mindy have been talking about this moment for years as well.. they've been together for 3! She is super intelligent and a perfect candidate for my childbirth obsessive nature. She has been talking to me about birth for years and now, finally.... she is going to be a mommy! All day yesterday I would laugh out loud at random things and when Darin asked "what" I would just say... Mindy is going to be a mommy!!! or My baby is having a baby! :o) I am SOOO excited for her.


Anyway... she took the cute little pic above (err the one with the prego test) and printed it. Then put it in 3 frames. She is mailing one to her in-laws (who currently have no grandchildren and live in Pennsylvania) and brought the other 2 over to her parents wrapped complete with bows last night. Her parents have wanted grandchildren for so long... they've even taken on a little girl (who's dad used to date Mindy's sister) and have spoiled her rotten since she was 3 or 4 (we are talking a good 6 or 7 years at this point!). So she hands her parents these little gifts last night and tells them to open them. Her mom cries and laughs at the same time and her dad gets teary eyed but says basically nothing. (PERFECT!!) She talks to me about how unbelievable it is and how impossible it is to think about anything else. I agree since it's hard for me to think of anything else at this point too! SO CONGRATS TO MINDY LYNN & JACK and to NANCY & PAUL who are finally going to meet the little someone they've been waiting for all their lives!! LOVE YOU ALL!!


This is just a little addition Mindy and Me in High school with a couple of friends... can you believe my waste fit through a childs floaty tube?

3 comments:

Jessicah said...

That is great news, very exciting! I am very happy for her ;o)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Mindy...I may not know you but I know I would feel the same way if I saw two pink lines. I will be 29 in 4 days and not having children is making me really sad. I am so glad it is finally happening to someone who has been trying for so long...it gives me hope. :) Thank you Karilynn for passing on the great news.

Jackie said...

yay for Mindy!!! Tell her I say congrats!!!