Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bad mom award!

So today I got my "bad mom award" from some lady who caught me in my evil ways. Damon was finishing up at Tae Kwon Do and I ran inside to ask the instructor something leaving Jaydin in the car with Colton and Dom. It was cold outside so the car was running. Jaydin decided to sit in the front seat to be near the heater and "the queen of the universe" saw him. I have never met this woman before but she exited the restaraunt next to the tae kwon do place and happened to be parked next to my car.
She looked at Jaydin (who had rolled down a window cause he could) and asked him where his mother was. He told her I was in Tae Kwon Do and in she walks with all her glory! (The kids have been in the car alone for approximately 3 minutes at this point!) The tae kwon do place is set up in such a way that parents can observe and talk quietly without interrupting the class but as the woman walks in she looks in at the instructor and very abruptly yells, "Excuse me, but who is driving the red car with the 2 babies and the small child in it that is RUNNING?!?!?" I very politely and incredibly embarrassed like, raise my little hand from my spot right next to the door. As I walk outside I very quietly say something like "my son is 8 years old" to which she begins yelling at me again! "I don't care how old he is, you have two babies in the car!!
AND YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME?!?!?!?!?."
(She says this last sentence as she stands with her hand on your chest as if she wants me to punch her or something!) At the same time her husband is yelling something about how my son nearly drove away with my car and killed my babies. I look up at her and say very firmly and borderline sweetly. "No, I don't have a problem with you! Thank you so much!" And I get in the car with my boys as she and her husband drive off with their heroes badge!
So this is to you "Queen of the Universe"
THANK YOU!!!!
You rescued my children from sure destruction and put me in my place. I hope that the tale you tell of your triumph resonates to all you know and that I punched you are spit in your face. And that you think of how you should have called the cops on my white trash ass!
Honestly, you were right! I shouldn't have left the car running and I shouldn't trust Jaydin to not drive the car. I probably shouldn't have even run in (I never would have if Jaydin had not been in the car!). But I promise that very few people will learn lessons from a "Know-it-all" like you! Maybe taking a more polite approach will actually help people see the error of their ways. Luckily for you I will take my "BAD MOM AWARD" and wear it with pride. Because I, of all people, know how obnoxious it is when people are so busy being butt hurt that they can't see their own fault!!! I did have another lesson resonate while you were strutting your stuff: Being a bitch makes you really ugly! And if you are trying to embarrass others while being a HAG, people just see you for what you are, A TOTAL AND COMPLETE BITCH, and instead of being outraged by the outrageous situation, they are outraged by YOU!!
Dr. Karilynn Prescribes you Ativan or Whiskey, whichever you choose! Take one or two tabs (or shots) PRN any time you think you know everything or want to scream at total strangers instead of communicating like a rational human being. Either way, you know what happens when you assume? ;o)

4 comments:

Leandra said...

oh man reading that made ME want to punch her HAHA

Debi said...

Well she really made a fool of herself didn't she. Don't sweat it dear. So many people assume and do not educate themselves. We know. Love you mom

Monica said...

I had a friend who once accidentally locked her baby in the car. She locks her doors without thinking about it and then shut her door with her keys sitting on the seat. She was so freaked out that everyone was going to call her a bad mom. Everything obviously turned out okay though.

Obviously you are NOT a bad mom, and I don't think I'd have a problem with leaving an 8 or 9 year old in a car with babies if it was only for a minute or two. I mean...yeah, it's a good thing that woman put you in your place! Who knows where that son of your would've driven off to! The sky's the limit for that guy! ^_~

Love you!

p.s. sorry the commet is a bit late...I've been going thru and reading entries I've missed and felt inclined to respond to this one when I read it =D

Kim and Adam said...

OH MY FREAKIN HELL!!! I leave Kayden in the car all the time when I just have to run in and do something..I just lock the doors cause I don't have any older kids to watch him. WHAT A BEAST of a lady, your too nice I would have lost it. I am sorry she was such a Biatch!! but it made for a great BLOG! Sorry I am just reading blogs its SUNDAY...