Friday, January 23, 2009

Colton's first Oreo

Okay.. so Colton has just started eating crackers and he does so well with them. Yesterday we went to wal-mart to pick up some much needed items and one of the necessities on Darin's list is the Oreo Fudge Rings. (Which by the way I TOTALLY can't eat!) I've been in such a good mood lately and he was doing really good with the crackers. I couldn't help myself... I needed something to blog about and so... we gave him half of an oreo fudge ring! The result?



And because you can't take pictures of the baby and not the other boys eating Oreo's, here's a couple more!




Mind you that the boys (including Darin) were in fact posing for these pictures.

On a completely different note! I have been working out for 3 weeks now but this week I started something a little different. I could tell by the end of last week that working out "whenever I could squeeze it in" after Darin got home and in between the boys activities was a whole lot of stress on my family. I had toyed with the idea of going to the gym at 5 in the morning but decided that was ridiculous. Well, after a rough weekend, I realized that the resentment I was facing was totally justified. I started thinking more and more about going to the gym in the morning and realized that, not only would it not take away from family time, but it would give Darin and Me some MUCH NEEDED alone time in the morning. I've never been one to get up and see my husband off to work but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how messed up that was. Seriously... If I had to get up every morning by six while my hubby slept in, I think I would be bugged. SO.... this week I decided to try the early morning thing. I LOVE IT!! My workouts feel so invigorating in the early a.m. I have a lot of energy to really push myself. I get home from the gym and think that being intimate with my hubby sounds like an AWESOME and NECESSARY idea. I make him breakfast and we have time to sit and talk and laugh together. I've even told him I will start making his lunch but, he is anorexic and prefers to not eat lunch at work. I find myself smiling in the middle of the day just thinking about him and... I JUST FEEL AWESOME! So here's to becoming a better person, and building relationships up in the process.

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

Not gonna lie... I am exhausted around 9 in the morning and going to bed a little earlier at night! ;o) Can't wait till my body is used to this new routine!

Kim and Adam said...

Colton is so big!! He gets more adorable everytime I see him:)
I have been going to the gym at 4:30 am and I was actually thinking of you, cause I can go home and put kayden down for his morning nap and I get my sleep. But you have 4 kids when the crap are you going to take a rest?? Never!! So GO GIRL for staying with it!!!!