Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas..... the countdown is KILLING ME!!

So Christmas is approaching and the stress levels are building. It's sad to say that we have never been so broke at Christmas time. Darin's switching jobs was necessary but left us without PTO, Paid Holidays AND NO CHRISTMAS BONUS!! And since we've had holidays and a terrible bought of a stomach flu... we have very much been missing these benifits. The new job also killed all the overtime and lately we've been spending more than $300 a month on gas for Darin's truck, (although he is supposed to be getting a truck in the next couple weeks as the project he will be running is nearing a start)... so.... we are broke! Christmas is just around the corner.... and even though I don't encourage it... my boys believe that Santa will save Christmas! (They don't know that we are broke.. they just think they will get whatever they want because Santa's elves can make it just as good as Wal-Mart and Santa eats the cost!! I would give anything to have them be small again and not know the difference! I can't wrap toys they already have, or give them the few clothes I have already bought. They have to go to school and listen to everyone else brag about Christmas. So the money making ideas are getting fancy. Today I strip wire till the blisters are unbearable. Tomorrow... whatever I can get my hands on! ;o)


Oh Santa! If only life were easy! I could have you strangle a stork and bring me a baby! Maybe a girl this time! ;o)

3 comments:

Nicholette said...

I'm sorry you guys are haveing such a hard time. What is it your kids want??? Something expensive, I'm sure. Is grandma(s) going to get them something they want? This age is hard because children are very selfish. Maybe try focusing on things they can do for others who don't have all the blessings they do??
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Kim and Adam said...

I am sorry.. what do they want? If there is anything we can do to help let me know.:(

Jessicah said...

You are always the voice of reason when I'm going crazy, Thanks for reading my blog.

So I read over on myspace that Jaydin has his Taekwondo test today...Tell him I said goodluck!

Love you lots ;o)