Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Dom!

So hip hip hooray... Dominic is 2 today!!

I seriously can't believe how fast time flies. Really... I still have a slide show up on Myspace of his first birthday. He is such an amazing little guy and I feel lucky to be his mommy. He is so intelligent and independent. Loving and sweet. I couldn't ask for a more perfect child. (At least I think so! We'll see what happens when little brother arrives! ;o) )

So we started out the day at the zoo. Dominic really loved it! Unfortunately I left my SD card for my camera at home in the stinkin' computer so I was really bummed when all of the sudden I couldn't take any more pics. Here are some that I got.









All 3 of the boys were very well behaved at the zoo and they really seemed to enjoy themselves. We bought a family pass so we can go back a few times this year. It's always a nice pass time. Especially when you know you can go back. You end up only staying a couple hours and the kids don't get bored!

After the zoo we went back to my moms and had a fun little birthday party for him. Just cake, ice cream, presents and LOTS of family. Dominic LOVED it! He is at that adorable age where EVERYTHING excites him. He opens one present and wants to play only to be deterred by the fact that he has to open another present. He loved ripping open the paper and was so excited for each gift he got. He did get quite a few cars/trucks, a bike and helmet of course, and a couple of balls which he loves! He also got a Mr. Potato Head which is perfect cause... he loves to watch Toy Story. All and all it was an amazing day and he was thrilled to sing the happy birthday song and blow out the candles.




On the Mothers Day side of the world..... The boys gave me their gifts from school first thing this AM and they were adorable. Jaydin has this way cute teacher who did a "recipe" book from the kids. Basically she had them tell her their favorite recipes. My favorite in the book is the HOT POCKETS recipe. This girl actually explained how you take them out of the freezer, put them in the microwave for 2 minutes and then eat them. She ended the recipe by stating that she eats at least 1 or 2 everyday and LOVES them!! :o) Glad I'm not her mommy! ;o) Darin and the boys got me a new ring! It is beautiful.

Darin also had planned to sit me down in the pedicure chair at wal-mart while he shopped but they were closed for Mother's Day! LAME!!! It is def. the thought that counts though and I love that he would be willing to walk around wal-mart for an hour while I get my feet pampered. My mom gave each of us girls flowers with cute cards... so nice of her to think of us. It's hard for me to think about everyone when there is so much going on... especially with birthdays and all that jazz. Vicki (of course) got each of us a present. (She swears she is one of those people who would rather give than receive.) She really outdid herself by giving us each these Mini LCD keychains that hold up to 60 digital photos. Seriously... they rock and I can't wait to play with mine more tomorrow! I have to wait for it to charge tonight.
Really truly it was an amazing day. We ended it up at Grandma Houtz's where we visited with family... good times all around! Hope everyone had a wonderful day. To all of you amazing mom's out there HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! And to my very special little guy... HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY BABY!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! :o)

1 comments:

Kim and Adam said...

Dang girl Love the ring BLING BLING!!