Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Happy Birthday!

So today is my favorite big sisters birthday! That's right boys and girls. Vicki is 29!!! So I just wanted to devote this little blog to her!! So in honor of my sister... here are some fun quotes about sisters and a poem or two:
"Chance made us Sisters, hearts made us friends." ~unkown
"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." Marion C. Garretty
"If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she's wearing your best sweater." Pam Brown
"The best thing about having a sister was that I always have a friend." Cali Rae Turner
"I smile because your my sister...I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it!"
I LOVE YOU!!!!
There's no better friend than a sister -
There's no one more loyal and true . . .
and even when sisters are different . . .
their likeness comes shining through!
Perhaps it's a family resemblance
that strengthens the bond they share . . .
or maybe it's just that sisters live life with a similar flair!
A sister remembers your collegehood -
She knows more than you will admit
of times you were Little Miss Perfect . . .
and times you gave others a fit!
She's seen you in some situations
when silence just wouldn't suffice . . .
and managed somehow to get by
with those sisterly words of advice!
And when some encouragement's needed . . .
a sister will always be there . . .
to listen . . .
to laugh . . .
or to lean on . . .
to comfort, or simply to care.
There's no one who's more in your corner . . .
and no one you're more grateful to.
There's no better friend than a sister . . .
and no better [big] sister than you.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I am so aweful to not have noticed that Kade and Vicki share the same birthday!! Let vicki know I love her and I wish her the best...she needs to get her own blog so I can spy on her too!! love you!

Unknown said...

What a sweet poem. It made me cry.