Monday, November 19, 2007

Wow.. life is crazy!

So the last few days have been pretty insane... let's see....

Justin & Jessica found themselves in need of a place to stay for a couple days while moving from one apartment to the next. They had to be out of one place on Friday but can't move into the next till TODAY.... so I've spent a lot of time helping them move! My garage is full of their stuff.... and today I will help load and unload the moving truck one last time.

Darin's old boss screwed up on his paycheck and when I pointed it out they told me that they only pay overtime after 80 hours. (Darin worked 50.5 hours one week and only 32 hours the next week! So he only got paid for 2.5 hours of overtime.) So I spent a day exchanging e-mails with her, updating her on the FEDERAL labor laws. There should be a check arriving in the mail today or tomorrow.

Life is weird lately. Like I'm so glad that Darin changed companies, but we've sacrificed a lot in him doing that. I mean, we lost paid holidays and a bonus and accrued PTO that we were planning on using to go to Colorado for Thanksgiving. So now we can't go... it's just way too much money to lose right at Christmas time. I'm really bummed. I was really looking forward to spending the holiday with my sis-in-law and her kids. I also love spending holidays with Darin's parents, but.... we will just end up doing what we do every year, spend it with my family! Don't get me wrong I love all our family traditions. And I love being with my siblings and MOST of their spouses. I just wish our get togethers didn't involve my dad throwing a fit! Or any of the brother in laws freaking out (I'm not excluding Darin when I say brother in laws)! BLECK!!!!

I am hoping that I will be picking up a new doula client. I really want to get some more births under my belt. I am excited to go to a different hospital and experience birth with a person that I don't know as personally as the births I have previously attended. It will also be nice to not be raging with pregnancy hormones while trying to be super supportive.

Life is full of twists and turns and lately I just feel blah. Not overly happy or sad in anyway... just blah. So blah blah blah! Hope you are all having a fabulous time! :o)

3 comments:

Nicholette said...

I am glad to hear that things are on the up and up! I am happy Darin is at a job with some promising advantages over his last job. It seems like life likes to hit with all the hard stuff at once! Love you guys!

Vicki Sue said...

I was looking for a new blog this morning. Are you writing anything currently?

Jessicah said...

Yeah Uncle Chris is down here for Thanksgiving...as far as I know he just brought James and the dog.

So how did everything go getting Justin and Jessica moved? I know things must have been very hectic for you.