Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bleck!

So today Damon's grade had their "mom's and muffins" paired reading thing. Damon brought me home the flyer yesterday and tore a hole in the middle. So I showed up at 9:45 as everyone was leaving. It started at 9:15 but I didn't realize because the hole in the middle had taken out the space between the 1 and the :, I thought that it had taken out part of a 4. I tried to call the school this morning but the line was busy so I just showed up when I thought it said. Anyway... I started crying! That's right! I walked in as all the other moms were leaving and just lost it. I hate to think that Damon was just sitting there all by himself while every other mom read with their kid. It seems to be the story of my life though. I just can't seem to be on top of everything. I was hoping I would feel better today. I think I feel worse!

3 comments:

Nicholette said...

Okay, but you can't really blame yourself for that one. You did all you could to try and find out what time it started and YOU DID GO! It's Damon who ripped the hold, which made you think the wrong time, which made you late! Not trying to tell you how to parent, just that I would have the 'tude of: "I'm so very sorry that I was not here, but you ripped it and so I thought it started later." I don't think you should be so hard on yourself about it. I understand that you feel bad, but you did try all you could do! I hope you start feeling better. Maybe if you go with us on the 25th, you'll forget your troubles and have some fun!! Wha Hoo!

Elise said...

Kari,
I'm SO SORRY you are having such a rough time of it right now!!! I wish I had some golden words of wisdom - I just don't! I'm not that smart! :)
But I DO KNOW that there is this phrase, that I love...and it might help you right now...
'...and it came to pass...'

Unknown said...

Oh, I feel so bad for Damon. I would have lost it too. I am sorry you feel worse. Life is very bumpy right now for us all but things could be worse. I love you!!