Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's finally looking not so much like Christmas!

So life has been crazy and we haven't had time to tackle the Christmas decorations until today! Yesterday Darin cleaned out the entire garage (during my afternoon nap) and this morning he got up and started taking down all the Christmas stuff... (it was due!) . It's hard to figure out where to put furniture back and Darin found a bunch of pictures still in a box so he used them to fill in the now empty space. It looks quite nice in the living room. I think I love Christmas because the decorations really fill up the house.

Things are moving at a regular pace. It's been odd to have Darin home ALL weekend because in the passed couple of weekends he has been off doing snow removal. It's nice to get stuff done!

Darin started school last week! Here's hopin' it is his LAST semester! He's been at this for 4 years so we couldn't be more excited as the countdown approaches. Damon and Jaydin have been back to school since the 3rd and while Jaydin is thriving, Damon is learning that he isn't going to get away with the stuff he's been getting away with! (Like scribbling all over his papers and shoving them in his desk instead of actually doing them and turning them in!) Thursday I'm taking Damon to see a lady about an exorcism... uhhh... I mean.... "emotional release." We've just decided that he has some issues that need to be addressed so that he can become a motivated individual. He's only in 2nd grade and already doesn't want to do his work. Anyway... I'll be sure to update on the exorcism as we encounter it!

I am starting to feel much more on top of life recently. It's nice to feel organized and to implement a schedule so my boys actually get all their reading and assignments done. I hope to be even more into it as I start penmanship practice everyday! Damon's handwriting is illegible and Jaydin just likes to do extra school work. Hopefully Damon can start to slow down and take his time when he writes, in order to avoid redoing his work.

Oh and guess what? Jaydin is advancing in Taekwondo. He started on a level for younger kids and has been doing that for about 5 months. He already knows everything he can learn and is bored so the instructor wants him to move up and test for his Yellow belt this Saturday! He is excited. I know he will do awesome!

Well.. I think I'm rambling so I will end this post! Hope all is well with all of you!

3 comments:

williams family said...

good job jaydin on your yellow belt thats exciting. Aidan is really bad in the handwriting depatment and as you know he gets it from me I guess..and he doesnt care so does his work twice most of the time . Well i'm off to paint Madisyns window seat that Tim built her this weekend!!

Elise said...

I love hearing how you all are doing! I hope things start going better/easier with Damon, and good luck to Jaydin this weekend! That is so exciting!

Jackie said...

I'm glad things are going well and you are feeling on top of things. I am in the totally unorganized stage right now and it is really bumming me out...I love ya!!