Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Karilynn and the horrible terrible no-good very bad day!

So today I woke up feeling very emotionally exhausted. I keep thinking about the relationships that go on in my household. How the boys get a long with each other, how Darin and I communicate with them. How Dominic has this new fascination with screaming. I just want so many things in my life to be different. But I have no energy or motivation. This morning I was forced to once again be annoyed with the hormones associated with pregnancy. I feel awkward all the time. I get frustrated too easily. I am tired with headaches frequently. I get no sympathy. Darin is not one of those guys who will rush to the store if I have a craving.... in fact... he gets mad at me when I am unwilling to do that for him. He also gets annoyed if I don't want to rub his back for an hour. Never does he bother to rub mine. I'm just really emotionally tired today. I'm sick of feeling useless and I rarely feel anything even close to the emotion when I'm normal!! I'm glad this will be my last pregnancy. I just wish I could find someway to enjoy it!

This morning I got the boys to school in time, but I slipped on ice in the driveway and fell on my hip. I got home and tried to go back to sleep which I was eventually able to do but now that I'm awake there are a hundred things that I should have done. Things that will NOT get done if I don't do them. I guess I need to look at my house as more of a job, maybe then I wouldn't be so frustrated that I am the ONLY one in the house who is willing to do anything. Darin is willing to YELL AT THE BOYS to clean their room while I clean the rest of the house... but well... unless I specifically ask and he is in the right mood (which is never) yelling is the most "help" he is willing to offer. Lately with work... he's never in the right mood. It's just hard to be pregnant and have a husband on an emotional roller coaster. Sometimes I need sympathy. Or a shoulder to vent my exhaustion and frustration... but alas... I don't suppose such a person exists in my world.

Okay.. so this is titled as it is because I wanted everyone to figure I was in a crappy mood to begin with when I wrote it. Some days are just like this...."even in Australia."

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Being pregnant is hard...it seems the more pregnancies you have the less sympathetic people are...it's hard when you are already down on yourself to have no help or support...any way, I hope your day gets better and your hip doesn't cause you a ton of pain...I hope you can find sometime to just relax and focus on only the things you like. Love ya!!

williams family said...

I'm really sorry your feeling so crappy right now. Being pregnant sucks most of the time I'm sure your day will get better I wish I was there to help you out and listen. I hope you feel better soon
luv ya lots

Jessicah said...

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time right now. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

And take it easy on that hip, I hope you feel better soon